Thursday, February 18, 2010

London


Wow! I haven't posted in almost a month and so much has happened since then! I have been soo busy with RA stuff, traveling, school, and projects it's hard to find time to blog. I'm loving living in England and have continued to enjoy my classes and new friends. When I was warned about the food, they were right! If I never eat chicken and potatoes again, I will be completely ok with that! Since my last post, I have made several weekend trips. Our second week here, Matt, Corby, Brigette, Leah and I took the train to London on Friday to see more of the sites and enjoy the night life. We went to Lion King and it was not as good as I thought it would be. I guess we set the standard really high with Les Mis. We walked around all weekend and saw the "touristy" sites that we missed the weekend before because we were busy shopping. Some highlights were the harry potter platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross station, church in Westminster Abbey, trying Mexican food and realizing that the English do not know how to make Mexican food. As Craig says, it's too far away from Mexico to know how to make good Mexican food. This weekend, we really mastered the underground system and took that pretty much everywhere! It's so easy to use and a lot faster. We also saw Big Ben, The London Eye, and the outside of the Tower of London. We ended Saturday night at club zoo and it was a blast! I just love to dance and luckily Leah does too! It was a great weekend and London is now one of my favorite cities to see. It's huge and there is so much to see and I'm sure I'll be back before the semester ends.

The weekend after that I was on my first weekend of RA duty. There were a total of 30 students here that weekend so it was very quiet. I would like to say I was more productive than I was, but I think I just relaxed and watched a million movies, oh and slept in which I am REALLY missing here!

Here are some pictures from the weekend in London...


Getting ready to go out on the town


I love the contrast of the dark, drab colors with the red in the city.
The London Eye
The group in front of Parliament
For all you Harry Potter fans!




No comments: