My friend Leah and I ventured to Edinburgh, Scotland the following weekend! It was really fun to go the two of us...she is my shopping buddy! Our night started off kind of a nightmare because on our train ride to Scotland the train in front of us hit a person so we were delayed 2 1/2 hours. It was really sad. This weekend was our first weekend staying in a hostel and let me just say it was definitely what you think of when you think hostel. Oh and when we got in it was pouring rain, we were totally lost and soaked from head to toe, but we did not let this damper our weekend! We saw the castle and walked around the beautiful city. There was a rugby game going on verses France so that was a really fun atmosphere to experience. I felt at home with so many redheads around. Oh, and the men really do wear kilts! Leah and I went to a very europe type club with techno music and strobe lights going. It was a nice break from the music we have been hearing in the bars and clubs, which is the Glee soundtrack. Apparently since Glee became really big, that's all they have been playing in the clubs. It's very weird to be dancing to Bon Jovi. We also went to a whiskey factory and tried whiskey because I guess that's really big in Scotland. Oh and we tried Haggis. Gross. One of the highlights this weekend was a tea shop called the Elephant Cafe. It's actually where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter. It has this fantastic view of the castle and amazing traditional English tea. We went twice while we were there. Another highlight was our Italian dinner on Saturday night. Since the food is soo bad at school, we like to splurge on the weekends and indulge in our love for Italian. We pretty much eat pizza and pasta all weekend. Leah and I had really great conversation, delicious pasta, and wine. We had a blast together and I'm so glad that we are getting close! It's nice to have someone that is dating long distance because we can lean on each other for support.
Some highlight pictures from Edinburgh, Scotland....
William Wallace=Scotland's pride and joy
No comments:
Post a Comment