Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm going to be a BRIDE!!!!


So I have been a TERRIBLE blogger, but I really only used it while I was in Europe to keep in tough with family and friends. Since some big news has happened in my life I decided to start updating again so I can keep track of my ideas while I am busy planning a WEDDING!!! That's right after 3 years and 8 months of dating Craig finally popped the question!

Here's our story!

Craig and I looked at engagement rings as soon as I got home from Europe in May! After four months apart I think it assured us even more that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Our plans were to get engaged sometime over the summer. Well that's what I thought at least. =) As summer was coming to a close I was getting more and more anxious. After some snooping and ruining a surprise I realized it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Since I had been patiently waiting =) I definitely thought that when he asked me there would be fireworks and the world would stop and celebrate. Craig threw me off completely! On September 25th we headed downtown for a casual dinner that I planned. I got off work late and so by the time we got downtown to our favorite restaurant it was 9pm. It did not seem out of the ordinary because we go to the Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder a lot. In fact, the last time we had been there it was for my goodbye dinner before I left for England. After waiting for dinner and eating until our stomachs hurt Craig said he knew of this cool bar/club a friend had recommended close to Michigan Ave. He knows how much I like to go dancing so I thought ok great! Let's go! I even left my phone in the car so that I wouldn't drop my iPhone again! We walked along the Chicago river and it was absolutely beautiful! The buildings and the river and the moon. I said, "Hey! It's gorgeous! Take a picture of me!" and so he did and the next second he was kneeling in front of me on these spiral stairs leading to the river. I just kept freaking out because he caught me completely off guard and I had no idea that he was going to propose tonight! I was laughing and and smiling like crazy and saying "are you kidding me!??!!" He finally said Meliss would you shut up I'm trying to propose! Craig said some wonderful words and told me I have brought more joy and love into his life than ever before and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. and finally "Will you marry me??!!" I answered of course and he slipped the GORGEOUS ring on my finger!! and then my friends Caitlin Maher and Casey Sundstedt showed up and took pictures and shared in our joy! We spent the rest of the night calling friends and crying and laughing and smiling like crazy!! It was wonderful and perfect and so us!

So now. In the busiest season of my life I am finishing my last year of college, working, being a freshman RA and now, planning a WEDDING!! It's going to probably be the best year of my life with all the good things going on. Some things I'm really excited for are registering, having showers, asking our bridal party to be part of the day, figuring out the little details and looking for our first apartment together!! Sooo many good things.

I am so incredibly blessed and we have been loved on so much by family and friends. It's been wonderful!

Here are some pictures from that night. Let the planning begin!
Love!


My wonderful fellow reds who came to support and love on us!! I'm soo blessed!!

Calling family and friends


Ah. I love it. It's perfect! Enfreakingaged!!
He was explaining everything about the ring to me. He even designed it!


Love Mel

No comments: