Monday, July 28, 2008

complete honesty



There is something about complete honesty with yourself and with others that gives me joy and overwhelming peace.
The kind of conversation you are up till 2 am, standing outside in the summertime in the street, bearing your soul. 

Tonight I had one of those conversations where I was able to bring everything I am to the table and be accepted, understand and loved despite the fact I am an imperfect human being. It's such an incredible feeling to be loved and adored by someone and to grow in a relationship with them. I feel like Craig and I really are growing not only together, but as individuals and Christ followers. We are trying to overcome the hardships of imperfect parents, sin, and our own ways of living we need to change and grow in.  Tonight he said, "you are going to be an amazing wife and mother some day". I think it was one of the most encouraging words he has said to me. 

I am so lucky to do life with such a wonderful man who is challenging me, encouraging me, and guiding me to become the best version of myself. 


No comments: